FHI 360A leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Location – Abuja, Nigeria
Job type – Full time
Requisition – 2020200664
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor in Nigeria.
The objective of the SCALE Activity is to support CSOs and BMOs across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities. The activity is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria
The MEL Officer provides strategic guidance, vision and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the activity
The MEL shall:
- Supervise all MEL staff
- Ensure the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with sub-awardees and USAID.
- Oversees all MEL activities
- Provides technical direction and support
- Ensures the accurate reporting of results for program activities.
- Develop and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develop and support the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the programs M&E system.
- Provide M&E technical advice to programs, projects, including staffing and resource allocation to M&E.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Provide technical support for M&E in one or more technical sectors.
- Build upon industry and experiences to improve consistency, quality and practicality of M&E strategies; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within international partner organizations.
- Review M&E plans and PMPs for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in any the following or related fields: social science, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or economics;
- At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities,
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills; and
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Years of work experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of technical issues.
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Experience working in USAID projects preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.