FHI 360A leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Location: Calabar, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Basic function of the Driver
Under the direction of the project coordinator, the driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Convey FHI 360 Nigeria Staff and Consultants to designated approved locations.
2. Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned.
3. Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
5. Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office.
6. Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
7. Fulfill special request by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands
8. Performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
1. Matured and willing to work at odd hours.
2. Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
3. Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
Qualifications and requirements
1. Secondary school leaving certificates, apprentice certificate or any other equivalent certificates with a minimum of 1 year experience.
2. Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license.
3. Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
4. Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage.
5. Experience with large complex organizations preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.