FHI 360A leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Location – Abuja, Nigeria
Job type – Full time
Requisition – 2020200663
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are looking for a Director of Finance and Administration in Nigeria.
The objective of the SCALE Activity is to support CSOs and BMOs across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities. The activity is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria
The Director of Finance and Administration oversees program operations, including but not limited to human resources, logistics, procurement, sub-contracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance.
The Director of Finance and Administration shall:
- Coordinates logistics for project
- Works with HR and other country office and platform functions to abide actions to FHI 360 processes and procedures
- Liaises with senior management on the development of administrative plans, projects, performance and initiatives to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all administration departments
- Translates the organization’s business and strategic goals and objectives into priorities for administration’s departments, introducing new directions, innovations and methods to achieve results
- Strategically partners with internal and external stakeholders and contributes to sharing and implementing best practices
- Builds credibility with other internal organizations and constructively dissenting, when appropriate, to push organization to pursue maximum value from negotiated agreements
- Guides organizational leadership on the regulations that apply to administration’s departments and work
- Drives leading edge efficient operations, processes and technologies to improve safety, quality, delivery, and reduce costs
- Oversees the establishment of applicable performance metrics and monitors performance against those metrics. Manages and evaluates department leadership to ensure efficient operation of these functions
- Demonstrates competency in setting negotiation strategies and planning for execution
- Oversees each of these departments to identify opportunities to improve and refine services
- Provides direction in accomplishing the organization objectives and guides the development of related policies and procedures
- Develop internal control measures
- Conduct internal financial audits
- Coordinate external financial audits
- Prepares budgets for annual work plans and financial reports for USAID
- Develop the financial management capacity of all relevant staff and sub-awardees
- Assign and audit the work of the finance department, while providing day-to-day guidance to staff
- Design, document and implement the strategic operational systems, functions, and internal control mechanisms to ensure efficiency and compliance with USAID regulations and FHI 360 policies and procedures
- Design, document and implement process improvement plans to ensure financial controls are streamlined and in compliance with FHI 360 and USAID requirements
- Monitor the Program’s pipeline; develop and implement corrective actions as required to ensure burn-rate and cost-share figures are on target
- Provide recommendations and consult with management on financial performance and risk management
- Develop policies and systems and conduct special financial studies, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or a related field in international business management, finance, accounting and/or auditing experience.
- An ACA/ACCA/CPA or other recognized professional accounting qualification.
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, auditing, finance, or business management with a recognized organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage large budgets, and in-depth knowledge of accounting principles.
- Progressively responsible experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, and sub-contracts or sub-awards.
- Experience working with online banking systems.
- Demonstrated experience and good working knowledge of USAID and other US Government organizations’ rules and regulations is required.
- Excellent project management and technical skills.
- Ability to motivate, negotiate, influence and collaborate with functional managers and other leaders.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.